Mission: The mission of the Penn Hills Community Development Corporation’s Beautification and Sustainability Committee is to give people an organized way to work on projects that improve the beauty of Penn Hills or help sustain our local environment.
Committee Description: When a person has a vision for a beautification or sustainability project, we help him or her realize that vision by appointing that person as the project manager for the project, get it approved by the CDC board, raise the funds needed to pay for the project and recruit needed volunteers. Current projects include:
- Our 104 plot community garden; Project manager, Kristin Hauman
- Rodi Road litter clean ups; Project manager, Sandy Fabec
- Bon Air food forest; Project manager, Ed Zullo
- Remarkable Roadsides Projects
- Penn Hills Welcome Signs; Project manager, Howard Davidson
- Star Triangle at Frankstown/Coal Hollow; Project manager, Jim Beck
- Rodi Road Rain-garden-Project of the PHCDC and the Rotary
- Lamar electronic sign at Sandy Creek and Allegheny River; Project manager, Don Sanker
- Mt. Carmel & Teris gardens; Project manager, Ruth Still
- Allegheny River Blvd Turn-Outs; Project manager, Elouise Brooky
If you would like to volunteer to work on any of these projects, contact the project manager. Or if you would like to establish your own beautification or sustainability project, contact the committee or attend a meeting (see the PH calendar for dates and times). Call committee chair, Pete McQuillin (412-977-2207), for more information.